Ahad, September 29, 2013
Khamis, Julai 18, 2013
Khamis, Jun 27, 2013
Jumaat, Jun 14, 2013
What you'll need
- 16.9-ounce plastic soda bottle
- Bottle caps
- Craft knife
- Clear packing tape
- Hot-glue gun
- White rice
- White glue and water
- Tissue paper in assorted colors
- Waxed paper
- Craft foam in assorted colors
- Googly eyes
How to make it
- Form the body and legs: With a craft knife and scissors (parents only), cut two 16.9-ounce bottles in half, then trim one of the bottom pieces to 3 inches.
- Use the scissors to make cuts around the edge of the longer bottom piece, as shown, then slip it over the other and tape them together for the torso. Trim the bottle tops as shown, then tape them to each end of the torso, giving the crocodile a slight curve.
- Hot-glue 4 bottle caps in place for legs, spacing them evenly for balance. Tape a tightly wadded ball of tissue paper in place for each eye, then tape over the open bottle ends as well as any other gaps.
- Cover the bottles: Using the technique described here, cover the crocodile with green tissue paper.
- Add the details: Hot-glue on a green craft foam tail, scales, and feet, black craft foam nostrils, white craft foam teeth, and googly eyes backed with semicircles of green craft foam.
Photo by Polly Wreford
Stuff you’ll need
- Plain paper for template
- Template (click the photo to the right to download it)
- Pencil Scissors (the smaller/more-pointed, the better)
- One piece of color cardstock paper (green – or whatever you please)
- Two googly eyes
- Plain white glue
- White paint
- Fine paintbrush
- After you've clicked the image at right, to download the template, print it out on a place of plain paper. Cut it out with scissors.
- Fold the color cardstock in half lengthwise and draw around the template using a pencil. Make sure the croc’s “back” is positioned along the fold.
- Snip around the shape of the crocodile’s body, as drawn.
- Along the back, create a spiky “spine” effect by drawing six evenly spaced pencil lines at a 45-degree angle to the ridge of the spine. Snip along the lines, through the fold. (Smaller scissors give better control.)
- Open the crocodile flat. The cuts will have created six triangular shapes. Fold these back on themselves, exposing the triangle-shaped holes, and press flat with your finger.
- Fold the croc back in half again, so the now-knobbly spines stand up all the way along its back.
- Finish off by gluing a googly eye to each side of the croc’s face. Use the paintbrush to stroke on his teeth with white paint (sketch it with pencil, first, if you’d rather).
Urusan Pentadbiran Kelas Prasekolah (a) Membantu guru mendaftar kehadiran murid-murid prasekolah setiap hari. (b) Membantu guru membuat in...
Aktiviti yang boleh dilakukan: Bahasa Melayu Bersoaljawab mengenai gambar keluarga. Berpantun mengenai keluarga. Bercerita mengenai ...
Assalamualaikum Minggu ini tema anggota badan. Saya menjalankan aktiviti melukis anggota badan kanak-kanak dengan menekap jari tangan mereka...