Blue Construction Paper
Brown Marker or Paint
Pink Powdered Tempera Paint
Popped Popcorn (plain)
Cardboard or Cardstock paper
1. Give each child a sheet of blue construction paper.
2. Show them how to make a tree trunk with the brown marker or paint (show them how to make a large Y on the paper and then add smaller lines in the middle for branches).
3. Put the popcorn and some of the powdered pink paint in a plastic bag and shake. These will be your blossoms.
4. Pour the pink popcorn onto a tray. Put white craft glue on a paper plate and let the kids dip the popcorn into the glue and then stick to their tree brances to make their Cherry Blossom Tree.
5. You can glue a piece of cardboard or cardstock to the back to stiffen the picture.